Thursday, July 30, 2009

I am still taken by humans ...

... at the bike drive this weekend, i was telling quite a few people the part of the story that Olowo-n'djo told me that grabbed me "hook, line and sinker".

as if the program itself is not amazing enough, the little (big) portion that amazed me so, is that the pregnancy rates dropped in villages within Togo, because women received bikes ... see first blog for details

... i was telling one of our volunteers this story on sunday and he amazed me.

he is a soft spoken man, he came to help disassemble bikes and did just that. every time i saw him he was busy and focused while sweating from the heat (it was just above 90° that day)
as i told him the story he said that it would be nice to go there and see this circle close (i paraphrase) and i told him "i am working on that". i gave him an overview and he said "i would like to donate to your efforts".

i received a very generous donation from him and his other half today ... and tears came to my eyes. thank you mr. hall.

i am being shown that good things do happen ...

be for one another ... it makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment